Posted By New Hope Ministries
Latest Program Updates related to COVID-19
Please check this page often for updates from New Hope Ministries.
Date of last update: 4/22/2020 4:50pm
- We are currently not encouraging food drives at this time; however, if you, your organization, church, etc. have food donations, you may drop them off Monday – Friday from 9am until 4pm via our drive-thru service.
- New Hope Ministries will comply with our Department of Health’s orders announced April 15, 2020. Thank you for doing your part to slow the spread of Coronavirus. We ask that anyone entering our centers must wear a mask.
- We invite everyone to join us for praying for our community during this time and wish everyone good health and God’s peace.
- NEW Volunteer Sign up Sheet!! Click here to sign up to volunteer at New Hope Ministries. We are calling on healthy volunteers who can give their time to ensure that food services and other essential programs can continue. If you are interested in volunteering, please sign up using the new sign up sheet, or call the Center you want to volunteer at – or stop by.
- Our food pantries continue to remain open for healthy individuals. We ask those exhibiting symptoms of illness not to visit our facilities. We are distributing food through a zero-contact “drive-up” model. Please call us if you need further assistance.
- Guests: If you have a scheduled evening or weekend appointment at one of our Centers, please call the Center first to confirm the status of your appointment.
- With the closing of schools and calls for social distancing, as of Monday, March 16, New Hope’s group gatherings such as youth programs, nutrition classes, and budget classes will be cancelled.
- Due to school closures, this will mean that those who have benefited from our weekend nutrition backpack programs will no longer be receiving this service. We are communicating with schools to let their students and families know our food pantries are available to serve their needs.
- We are asking people with illness symptoms or who are high risk not to visit our buildings. We’re taking all necessary precautions by eliminating food preparation and physical contact, and following proper hand washing and sanitizing to ensure a safe environment.
- We invite businesses who have an urgent need for workers, such as cleaning, to communicate their openings with our workforce development team so we can promote with healthy individuals looking for work. Please call us for more information about our programs.
Finally, New Hope is appealing to the generosity of our supporters and communities to donate funds to support our essential services during a time of expected reduced support and increased need.
You may also make a check payable to: New Hope Ministries and send to: New Hope Ministries, PO Box 448, Dillsburg PA 17019
Please continue to pray with us and
God bless your support!
Please review the following to help successfully prevent and minimize the spread of COVID-19:
Information about COVID-19
continues to evolve rapidly. Stay up to date and find other shareable health
education materials using these trusted sources.
Centers for Disease Control & Prevention (CDC) PA Department of Health
World Health Organization