We are seeking a caring and professional individual to comanage our Lemoyne assistance office and food pantry. This position could be training to operate our new service location in the Etters area within the coming year. This is a full-time, salaried position. Duties include screening low income individuals and families for food, housing, and utility assistance, management of a food pantry, casework and educational instruction to promote self-sufficiency, management of dedicated volunteers, and community outreach and fundraising duties. The ideal candidate will possess strong leadership, social work and interpersonal skills, will possess at least a bachelor’s degree in social work or related field, and have a desire to share the love of Christ by helping our neighbors in times of need. Language proficiency in Spanish, Russian, or Arabic would be a huge asset.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $46,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
Work Location: One location
Our program director Sue would welcome your inquiries at 717-432-2087, ext. 210.
Mechanicsburg Food Program Assistant Manager
This position requires local travel, a flexible schedule, requires some evening and weekend hours. This position is considered a full-time, exempt, salaried position, with a starting salary of $38,000. We are looking for someone who can work independently, is physically active, is good working with people of all ages, enjoys food and feeding others, and has a desire to share the love of Christ by helping our neighbors in need. Qualified applicants shall be Christians who agree with the Statement of Faith, as found in the by-laws for New Hope Ministries, must be at least 21 years of age, will have a minimum of an Associate Degree or its equivalent in education and career experience, will have appropriate training and experience in managing a hunger prevention program, and be able to perform the physical demands of work in a warehouse, kitchen, and food pantry. Qualified applicants will demonstrate good social service and interpersonal skills, have a clean criminal history and child abuse clearances, a driver’s license and clean driving history with the ability to operate a truck, forklift, pallet jack, and other food program equipment as necessary, and have experience in preparing and cooking healthy foods. Applicants must complete and maintain first aid, CPR, mandatory reporter training certifications, and ServSafe food certification as part of the course of employment. Applicants should also be able to demonstrate cultural competence in working with individuals from different cultural backgrounds. The ability to speak multiple languages would be a plus. Responsibilities of the position include:
- Provides compassion and care to individuals requesting food assistance according to agency guidelines. Promote a spirit of hospitality in Center and create a welcoming environment.
- Oversees Center’s food distribution programs at assigned location.
- Provides supervision and training to food pantry volunteers.
- Administrative duties include:
- Producing a monthly report of food poundage collected and distributed.
- Assisting with purchasing of food and use of gift cards and other funds according to the annual budget to ensure adequate inventory for food distribution program.
- Receive, issue receipts, and provide documentation to executive office for all in-kind donations.
- Ensure adequate documentation of food assistance delivered to guests and reporting of program services.
Interested applicants should submit resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, Attention Sue Fornicola. More information can be found at: Indeed.com. We welcome your inquiries at (717) 432-2087 ext. 210.