We are in need of volunteers to help with our Homework/Tutoring Program at the following Centers:
If you are already a New Hope Volunteer please contact Gina Staton at email@example.com or 717-432-3053 ext. 309 to let her know your interest.
If you are not currently a New Hope Volunteer, please fill out our volunteer application by clicking on this link Volunteer Application and Gina will contact you.
Volunteers are also required to obtain the following clearances: PA State Criminal, PA Child Abuse History and the FBI Fingerprinting, which can be completed by clicking on this link:
If you have been a resident of Pennsylvania for 10 years or more, you do not need to obtain the fingerprinting clearance.
Volunteers do not have to have any teaching experience. Just bring a love for children and a desire to help them become more successful in school. Work will include:
• Baby Bundles layette program
• Reading Corners program, which is a co-branded United Way initiative, to offer age and developmentally appropriate books to families using our food pantries and assistance centers, and add the components of instructing families on the importance of reading and having in-center volunteers to read to children who visit our agency and match them with books
• Dual Enrollment Scholarships for low-income high school students to obtain college credits while in high school! Click here for all details!
• Early childhood education scholarships to high quality Pre-K programs for low income kids
• After School Tutoring/ Homework Help– For students grades Kindergarten – 8th grade. All subjects are tutored by our volunteers
• Back to School Daze Craze – One day each year where our guests can obtain items for back to school